Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nauvoo, Illinois


Nauvoo is the name of a town in Illinois. I've been to Nauvoo twice and the second time I was camping. It was more fun. I went just a couple of days ago with my family and my aunt and uncle. Nauvoo is about the pioneers and you can get a brick or a cookie at some places. The brick place shows how pioneers used to make bricks and the cookie place was an old bakery that a man used to own. They give you a cookie if you're good. The drive there was horrible. It took four hours and I just tried to take a nap between my aunt and Medium Jasmine. I read a book that had a bunch of mazes in it and it made me carsick. I almost threw up on my aunt. She said, "Don't throw up on me!" After the drive we set up our tent and things and I met a friend. I had been waiting for hours and then her car parked at a campsite just down the hill from ours and I went and met her.

The next day I went fishing and caught three bluegills. Fishing is my new favorite sport. We also went and played a game at this place called "Pioneer Pastimes." You get to dress up and play games and things. In Nauvoo, there are a bunch of houses that are like museums, except you get a guide every time. On Saturday night we went to a show that had some of the coolest things in it. It was a live play and there was a hoop dance and some people got to learn how to do the hula. There was dancing and singing and skits and all the kids got to do a parade.

When you go, make sure you get an "A" when you visit the schoolhouse! And make sure you stay away from poison ivy. I have it on my leg and it hurts. And also, close your eyes on the oxen ride, cause I didn't. They use the bathroom when they're walking! It was very yucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment